The St. Vincent de Paul Back-to-School Program helps struggling families get their children off to a good school start! Each child is offered a back pack or book bag, basic school supplies (grade appropriate K – 12 valued at $32.00) and a $15.00 Payless shoe gift card. The event is held annually mid to late August.
To request Back-to-School assistance, contact the Catholic parish closest to where you live and ask to speak with a member of St. Vincent de Paul. The conference member will refer you to the program, Locate a St. Vincent de Paul conference here. (link to Get Help page)
The Back to School Program needs community donations to operate. There are several ways to help.
Cash donations (link to Donate page)
Cash gifts help support the purchase of Payless ShoeSource gift cards, cards, supplies and backpacks where donations lack.
- A gift of $10.00 will help us provide basic school supplies for a child.
- A gift of $20.00 will help us provide school supplies and a backpack or book-bag for a child.
- A gift of $35.00 will help us provide school supplies, a back pack or a book-bag and a gift card for new school shoes for a child.
School supply donations
- Backpacks / Bookbags (S,M,L)
- Pencil boxes
- Loose leaf paper – wide and college ruled
- Spiral Notebooks – wide and college ruled
- 1” 3 ring binders
- Folders – two pocket and 3 ring pocket folders
- Pencils – regular and mechanical pencils
- Colored Pencils
- Pens – blue, black or red ink
- Scissors – round & sharp tip
- Glue –bottles and glue sticks
- Markers – Thick and thin tipped
- Dry Erase Markers
All types of school supplies donated will be offered to a child.
Supply drop-off locations vary. Call: 262-544-1850
Get Involved Volunteer Volunteer Now
During the month of August each year (date to be announced) Volunteers assist in organizing and assembling supplies by grade level. Individuals and families are welcome to work on putting the school supplies together. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-544-1850 to volunteer.