A St. Vincent de Paul Mentoring Program
Attend a Taking a New Look at Poverty Training!
Trainings are held on Saturdays – 8:00 am – 2:45 pm (Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided)
- March 14, 2015 – St. Charles Catholic Church, Hartland – registration information here.
- May 2, 2015 – St. James Catholic Church (Mukwonago) – registration opens in mid-March.
Next Mentor Training is scheduled for March 28, 2015!
If you are interested in being a CTGA mentor and have already attended a Poverty Training -
click here for additional information and to register now!
Facilitator Training Dates:
* Mar 12 & 19, 5:00-8:30pm – DATE CHANGED
* Apr 23 & 30, 2:00-5:30 pm
Facilitator Training is offered by the national office of SVdP via a two-part webinar.
If you are interested in becoming a CTGA facilitator and would like to sign-up for one of these trainings, please contact Program Director, Pam Matthews at 262-547-07654 or email her at
Council President, Steve Cigich, was a guest on the radio program, Living Our Faith, hosted by Archbishop Jerome Listecki on December 5, 2014.
Use the link below to listen to Steve talk about Coming Together to Get Ahead and SVdP.
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve the poor, but don’t feel called to be a mentor or a facilitator? CTGA has many other volunteer opportunities that may be of interest to you. Below are a couple of current opportunities:
Child Care Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to assist with child care for the children of CTGA participants. We will have one constant child care supervisor, but will need a minimum of two people at all times. Experience preferred. Volunteers are welcome to attend the meal prior to child care start time. Details on current workshop below:
• Workshop begins on February 17 – 6-9PM
• At the First United Methodist Church, 121 Wisconsin Avenue, Waukesha
• Child care hours: 6:30-9:15PM
• Workshop meets every Thursday and an occasional Tuesday
• Volunteer for one night or more!
If you, or anyone you know are looking for an opportunity to help someone to a better life, please contact program director, Pam Matthews, at 262-547-0654 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTGA Volunteer Support Team Coordinator
The Volunteer Support Team Coordinator will support the CTGA Program Director in managing the Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World CTGA workshop details each time it is presented. The Volunteer Support Team Coordinator will manage the family meal aspect of the workshop.
• Recruit and schedule meal providers for sixteen weeks of the workshop session.
• Work with workshop site to determine availability of on-site kitchen and eating area.
• Offer orientation for scheduled meal providers at the on-site kitchen.
• Maintain a record of meals served, and recipes where possible, for future use in the program.
• Replenish supplies of paper goods, dish soap, etc.as needed.
• Be present, as needed, for the meal portion of the workshop.
Working together with the CTGA team, this volunteer will be contributing much to the success of the program.
CTGA Volunteer Support Team Child Care Coordinator
The Volunteer Support Team Child Care Coordinator will support CTGA Program Director in managing theGetting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World CTGA workshop details each time it is presented. The Volunteer Support Team Coordinator will manage the child care aspect of the workshop.
• The lead child care provider will be recruited by the Program Director.
• Recruit and schedule assistant volunteer child care providers for 16-20 weeks of the workshop session.
• Working with the Program Director, determine the number and ages of children needing child care for each session.
• Work with the lead child care provider to determine age appropriate equipment (games, toys, etc.) for the session.
• Replenish supplies as needed.
• Be available to lead child care provider, as needed, for additional planning as the workshop progresses.
Working together with the CTGA team, this volunteer will be contributing much to the success of the program
For more information on any of these volunteer positions please contact Program Director, Pam Matthews, at 262-547-0654.
Second“Getting Ahead” workshop starts
February 17, 2015
TheFirst United Methodist Church, located at 121 Wisconsin Ave. in Waukesha is hosting our second workshop. The workshop begins on 2-17-15 with 13 participants and will meet from 6-9 p.m. The evening will begin with a family-style meal at 6:00 p.m., with the workshop following. Child care is provided for participant’s children needing care.
The next workshop is being planned with a tentative start date in May 2015 in the Lake Country area. Learn more by contacting Pam Matthews, Program Manager, at 262-547-0654 if you are interested in attending.
Interested in Learning More?
Attend a Taking A New Look At Poverty Training. Trainings are held on Saturdays – 8:00 am – 2:45 pm (Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided)
2015 Dates – Poverty Training Dates!
- March 14, 2015 – St. Charles Catholic Church, Hartland – register here
- May 2, 2015 – St. James Catholic Church (Mukwonago) – registration opening soon
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Volunteer Training Opportunities
In Romans, St. Paul writes: “…may you abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” When Vincentians encounter Christ in our home visits and service to the needy in our communities we are inspired to put God’s hope into action through charity and justice. Through mentoring, we will walk with individuals on their self-directed journey out of poverty. Through advocacy and collaboration, we will remove barriers and create strong, sustainable communities. Together through Hope in Action, we will work to end poverty by creating systemic change one person, one neighborhood, one community at a time.”
(Please check this page often for updates)