A St. Vincent de Paul Mentoring Program
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve the poor, but don’t feel called to be a mentor or a facilitator? CTGA has many other volunteer opportunities that may be of interest to you. Below are a couple of current opportunities:
Child Care Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to assist with child care for the children of CTGA participants. We will have one constant child care supervisor, but will need a minimum of two people at all times. Experience preferred. Volunteers are welcome to attend the meal prior to child care start time. Details on first workshop below:
• Workshop begins on October 14 – 6-9PM
• At the Hope Center, 502 N. East Avenue, Waukesha
• Child care hours: 6:30-9:15PM
• Workshop meets every Thursday and an occasional Tuesday
• Volunteer for one night or more!
If you, or anyone you know are looking for an opportunity to help someone to a better life, please contact program director, Pam Matthews, at 262-547-0654 or email at email@example.com.
CTGA Volunteer Support Team Coordinator
The Volunteer Support Team Coordinator will support the CTGA Program Director in managing the Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World CTGA workshop details each time it is presented. The Volunteer Support Team Coordinator will manage the family meal aspect of the workshop.
• Recruit and schedule meal providers for sixteen weeks of the workshop session.
• Work with workshop site to determine availability of on-site kitchen and eating area.
• Offer orientation for scheduled meal providers at the on-site kitchen.
• Maintain a record of meals served, and recipes where possible, for future use in the program.
• Replenish supplies of paper goods, dish soap, etc.as needed.
• Be present, as needed, for the meal portion of the workshop.
Working together with the CTGA team, this volunteer will be contributing much to the success of the program.
CTGA Volunteer Support Team Child Care Coordinator
The Volunteer Support Team Child Care Coordinator will support CTGA Program Director in managing theGetting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World CTGA workshop details each time it is presented. The Volunteer Support Team Coordinator will manage the child care aspect of the workshop.
• The lead child care provider will be recruited by the Program Director.
• Recruit and schedule assistant volunteer child care providers for 16-20 weeks of the workshop session.
• Working with the Program Director, determine the number and ages of children needing child care for each session.
• Work with the lead child care provider to determine age appropriate equipment (games, toys, etc.) for the session.
• Replenish supplies as needed.
• Be available to lead child care provider, as needed, for additional planning as the workshop progresses.
Working together with the CTGA team, this volunteer will be contributing much to the success of the program
For more information on any of these volunteer positions please contact Program Director, Pam Matthews, at 262-547-0654.
First “Getting Ahead” workshop started
October 14, 2014
The Hope Center, located at 502 N. East Ave. in Waukesha is hosting our first workshop. The workshop began on 10-14-14 with nine participants and will meet from 6-9 p.m. The evening will begin with a family-style meal at 6:00 p.m., with the workshop following. Child care is provided for participant’s children needing care.
The next workshop is being planned with a tentative start date in February 2015. Learn more by contacting Pam Matthews, Program Manager, at 262-547-0654 if you are interested in attending.
Interested in Learning More?
Attend a Coming Together to Get Ahead Education Session Sessions are held on Saturdays – 8:00 am – 2:45 pm (Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided)
2015 Dates – Registration Information Available Soon!
- January 23, 2015 – Faith Springs Presbyterian Church, Pewaukee
- March 14, 2015 – St. Charles Catholic Church, Hartland
Frequently Asked Questions
Community Flyer Participants flyer-FINAL
Upcoming Volunteer Training Opportunities
Facilitator Training - Education Session is a pre-requisite
October 2014 – CORRECTED DATES
Part I – October 28 – 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Part II – October 30 – 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
November 2014 - CORRECTED DATES
Part I – November 13 – 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Part II – November 20 – 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
To register for either Facilitator Training contact Pam Matthews, CTGA Program Director, by phone at 262-547-0234 or email contact information to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTGA Conference Liaison Description
Conference Liaison Overview CTGA
Transforming Lives Presentation 13 01 08
In Romans, St. Paul writes: “…may you abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” When Vincentians encounter Christ in our home visits and service to the needy in our communities we are inspired to put God’s hope into action through charity and justice. Through mentoring, we will walk with individuals on their self-directed journey out of poverty. Through advocacy and collaboration, we will remove barriers and create strong, sustainable communities. Together through Hope in Action, we will work to end poverty by creating systemic change one person, one neighborhood, one community at a time.”
(Please check this page often for updates)